The Parent Council replaced the School Board in June 2007. Parents, carers and guardians of pupils at the school comprise the Parent Forum and any member can volunteer to join the Parent Council. The parent members of the Parent Council represent the entire Parent Forum.
The Dedridge Primary School Parent Council has four main objectives:
- work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents
- promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents
- develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils
- identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters
- Affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The Parent Council meets on a regular basis and exists to allow parents an input into the running of their child's school. The Parent Council can help the school management team resolve general problems and the development of new initiatives. It can also assist in the exchange of information between parents and the school.
Parents of children at both Dedridge Primary School and Glenvue Nursery are encouraged to join the Parent Council.